Friday, September 3, 2010

Encouraging a Musical Child

So many times I am asked, "My child wants to take _______ lessons (insert instrument here...voice, piano, guitar, etc). Do you know any local teachers to recommend?"

I am always thrilled with these questions because I appreciate parents who want to encourage and foster musical growth in their children. I always refer parents to a few places, and want to share that same information here with you today.

Colonial Music in Worthington is a great place to start for a wide variety of musical needs. They have a running list of music teachers offering lessons in brass, woodwind, string, and percussion instruments as well as piano, guitar, and voice. They also offer instrument rentals and repairs, as well as a wide variety of methods books and sheet music. Their contact information is:
5598 North High St.
Worthington, OH
(614) 880-1000
www.musicarts.com

If you're soley looking for piano lessons, you may want to check out The Conservatory of Piano in Worthington:
60 Old West Wilson Bridge Road
Worthington, Ohio 43085
(614) 436-6076
www.conservatoryofpiano.com

I hope that you find this information useful!